ANNOUNCING THE POSTPONEMENT OF 2013 BATANG PINOY NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS SCHEDULED ON NOV. 19-23, 2013 IN BACOLOD CITY. NEW SCHEDULE IS SET ON JANUARY 28 - FEBRUARY 1, 2014.
PROCEDURES FOR REBOOKING:
For CEBU PACIFIC AIRLINES: Go to the Nearest Cebu Pacific Ticketing Office or call reservations office 702-0077/702-0888
Ms. Roanne Palisoc - Account Executive Government Sales
Bring / present the following:
1. PSC Official Letter to Cebu Pacific and official press release of rescheduling of Batang Pinoy (download here)
2. Copy of E-ticket
3. Valid IDs (For Athletes: Batang Pinoy ID or school ID (sy2013-2014) , For Coaches/Parents/Delegation Officials:Any Valid ID)
For PHILIPPINE AIRLINES: Per advise of Ms. Crystal Ramirez of PAL Main Office, the tickets booked within Nov. 17-25 can be rebooked within January 26-February 3, 2014. No refunds will be accomodated, only rebooking. Pls. call or go to the nearest PAL reservations office.
For ZESTAIR & AIR ASIA:
As per Ms. Karen Joy Cerezo of Zest Airways Inc., kindly send your BOOKING NUMBER & COPY of the PSC Letter Request at
FOR THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS IN BACOLOD CITY
WHO ARE QUALIFIED TO COMPETE IN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS ?
-Medalists (Gold, Silver and Bronze) in Individual Events in the sports that underwent Qualifying Rounds in Mindanao, Visayas and Luzon legs
-Medalists (Gold , Silver, Bronze) in Team Events with less than 6 members per team like athletics (relay), karatedo,sepak takraw,swimming (relay) and taekwondo.
-Gold and Silver Medalists ONLY in Team Events like in lawn tennis, volleyball, softball, futsal and cheerdance.
a. Bronze medallists in the above-mentioned Team Events volleyball, softball, futsal and cheerdance may also join on their own. PSC will only give the monetary subsidy of P3,000.00 to each member of the team and their coach if they win any medal in the National Championships
b. Cebu JUNIOR team is seeded in Dancesport only
c. Delegations from Zamboanga City, Bacolod City and Negros Occidental are seeded in all sports in the National Championships. But they are only allowed to endorse One (1) team per sport.
d. ON COACHES’ STIPEND CONCERN:
One (1) Coach per sport per LGU
Who need NOT TO GO to the National Championships
- Medalists/participants in Judo, Soft Tennis, Pencak Silat due to low turn-out of Participants
- Medalists in the National Finals in Mindanao, Visayas and Luzon legs of sports like Beach Volleyball, Archery, Baseball, Muaythai, Rugby football, Sailing and Wushu
TO ALL COACHES AND TEAM MANAGERS (LGUs) with QUALIFIED ATHLETES
Kindly confirm your attendance in the National Championships in Bacolod City to any of the following Batang Pinoy 2013 COORDINATORS:
ANNIE M. RUIZ - 09397627553
MYLENE CONCEPCION - 09163770510
CHARLIE ESQUIVEL - 09089516632
QUIEL IRA MORAN - 09158137716
CAROL TOBIAS - 09194018272
ROSEL DESTURA - 09351679352
Greetings from the Philippine Sports Commission (PSC)!
We are pleased to inform you that the PSC is set to conduct the Batang Pinoy 2013 program, in pursuance of Executive order No. 44, also known as the Philippine Youth Games – Batang Pinoy .
In partnership with the Philippine Olympic Committee, the Department of Interior and Local Government, the Department of Education and the respective Local Government Units, this national program encourages children ages 15 and below belonging to different sports associations.
This year, the actual competition schedule is as follows:
Mindanao Qualifying Leg (Tagum City, Davao del Norte) 27 - 31 August
Visayas Qualiying Leg (Maasin City, Southern Leyte) 24 - 28 September
Luzon Qualifying Leg (Iba, Zambales) 15 - 19 October
National Finals (Bacolod City) 19 - 23 November
In this connection, may we invite you to send your delegation to the arena of the country’s best young athletes.
For details, kindly get in touch with the following staff of the National Events and Competition Office:
Annie Ruiz 0939-7627553
Mylene Concepcion 0916-3770510
Charlie Esquivel 0908-9516632
Thank you and we hope for your continued support to Philippine sports.
AGE AND REPRESENTATION
1. BATANG PINOY is an open tournament for children 15 years old and below (born in 1998 and the following) based on the Batang Pinoy calendar year.
2. Representation is strictly by Local Government Unit (LGU). This may be in the form of provincial, city, municipality and barangay representation. No athletes shall be accepted without accreditation of a particular LGU.
3. Batang Pinoy is open to all Filipinos whether ny birth or naturalized. Foreign-Pinoy may also join provided he/shea particular LGU.
4. An athlete shall represent only one LGU.
5. No tournament or participation fee shall be collected by the Host LGU and PSC.
6.The following are proof of eligibility of athletes (a-b) and LGU Entry Form to be submitted by the LGUs;
- Birth Certificate of athlete (Certified True Copy) – From NSO or the office of the Local Civil Registrar.
- LGU endorsement from any of the following: Governor, Mayor, Municipal Sports Official or Barangay Chairman
- LGU ENTRY FORM – it is a delegation Masterlist indicating the names, sports ages of athletes to be certified by the Governor, Mayor, Municipal Sports Official or Barangay Chairman.
The form will be submitted to the Batang Pinoy National Secretariat together with the above proof of eligibility of athletes at:
NECO Office (Batang Pinoy)
Philippine Sports Commission
4th Floor Administration Building
Rizal Memorial Sports Complex, Malate, Manila
- Deadline of submission of entries:
For 1st Leg – Mindanao Leg (Tagum City, Davao del Norte) – Not later than August 15, 2013
For 2nd Leg – Visayas Leg ( Maasin City, S. Leyte) – Not later than September 12, 2013
For 3rd Leg – Luzon Leg (Iba, Zambales) – Not later than October 10, 2013
NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP Guidelines
(BATANG PINOY QUALIFIED ATHLETES)
7. First, Second AND Third placers of the Regional Qualifying Legs (Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao) shall advance to the Batang Pinoy National Championship.
8. PSC shall provide the Batang Pinoy National Qualifiers a determined amount for meals (₱ 1,500.00) and travel fare (₱1, 500.00). Only the qualified athletes can claim the aforesaid allowances as he/she affix his/her signature in the payroll.
9. PSC shall also provide similar allowances to (1) coach per sport per LGU of the National Championships Qualified athletes.
10. The LGU may opt to provide allowances to their athlete/s as LGU’s incentive for being a qualifier/s.
11. Host LGU shall provide billeting schools/centers for all the participants inclusive of athletes, coaches, trainers, delegation officials and affiliated/local technical officials.
12. National Championships Qualified athletes in the Athletics and Swimming events may compete in other events (under the same sports) in addition to the events they earned as medalists during the Qualifying leg.
13. As Host for the National Championship, Zamboanga City team is considered seeded to the National Championships, they NEED NOT undergo competing in sports that at are included in the Elimination Legs).
- As seeded, Zamboanga City Mayor’s Office is privileged to have and endorse (1) team per sport in the National Championships. Other interested athletes or teams of Zamboanga City who are not endorsed by the office of the Mayor may request endorsement from their particular and respective Barangay.
- Zamboanga City may also send team/s and compete in all NATIONAL FINALS sports if they opt to.
The issued Batang Pinoy ID during the qualifying leg should be brought by the qualified athletes to the National Championship. Lost ID without valid reason (fortuitous events) will not be replaced.
Participants in Batang Pinoy 2012 NEED NOT submit their Birth Certificates
Representation: By Province, City, Municipality AND Barangay
- Host LGU shall provide free billeting for all the participating athletes, coaches, trainers, delegation officials and affiliated/local technical officials
- Host LGU may opt to offer free shuttle for the participating teams from the port/terminal to the billeting centers to the playing venues.
- Medal count shall be credited to respective Province, City, Municipality or Barangay
- To give the opportunity for every Filipino young athletes, the experience to compete in the National level, athletes may join with or without affiliation to any participating Nationla Sports Association (NSA).
Representation: First, Second and Third placers of every event of the regional qualifying rounds shall automatically earn slots in the National Championship.
1. Participation expenses by the LGU shall be on its own account.
2. Technical management shall be handled by POC, NSA, DepEd and local officials
3. Operations, administration and management shall be handled by PSC
4. Playing venues and billeting facilities shall be the responsibility of the Host
5. The DILG and DepEd shall assist the PSC in running the Games. Hence, both agencies will be part of the Working Committee spearheaded by PSC.
6. Medal count shall be credited to respective Province, City, Municipality or Barangay