Thank you and we hope for your continued support to Philippine sports.
OBJECTIVES OF THE BATANG PINOY PROGRAM
● Being integral part of the national policy and program for sports development will effectively address our need for a comprehensive grassroots sports program centered on values formation inherent in the practice of sports and play.
● Inculcate in the young minds of Filipino athletes the value of patriotism, nationalism, self discipline, respect for law and order, hardwork, teamwork, camaraderie, sportsmanship and fair play, thus eliminating the child’s chances of becoming a juvenile delinquent.
● The program can also serve as recruitment baser for sports specialization including training for other high level leagues, national tournaments and international competitions.
AGE AND REPRESENTATION
▪ Batang Pinoy is an open tournament for children 15 years old and below. Based on the Batang Pinoy calendar year 2014, an athlete must be born in 1999 and the years thereafter.
▪ Representation is strictly by Local Government Unit (LGU). This may be in the form of provincial, city, municipality and barangay representation. No athlete shall be accepted without accreditation of a particular LGU.
▪ Batang Pinoy is also open to all Filipino whether by birth or naturalized. Foreign-Pinoy may also join provided he/she represents a particular LGU.
▪ An athlete shall represent only one (1) LGU
▪ No tournament or participation fee shall be collected by the Host LGU and PSC.
REGIONAL QUALIFYING ROUNDS
Representation : By province, city municipality and barangay
□ Participation expenses are for the account of the participating LGUs or individual athlete (uniform, meals, travel/transportation)
□ Host LGU shall provide free billeting facilities (schools/centers) for all
the participants (athletes, coaches, trainers, delegations officials, affiliated and local technical officials)
□ Host LGU shall provide free shuttle for the participating teams upon their arrival at the port or airport terminal to billeting schools and to the playing venues.
□ Medal Count should be credited to respective LGU.
ROLE OF THE PARTICIPATING LGUs
□ To encourage their constituents to participate in the Batang Pinoy and provide funding for uniform, food and transportation, monetary incentives may be considered of their respective delegation
□ The LGUs are the accrediting body of their respective delegations participating in the Batang Pinoy.
□ Responsible for the decorum and management of the entire delegation and its delegations’ adherence to technical rules and regulations
□ To register athletes, coaches and officials as part of the delegation and certify the regularity of all their submitted documents as requirements of the games.
NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS GUIDELINES
FOR BATANG PINOY QUALIFIED ATHLETES
◊ The following shall advance to the National Championships and are automatically qualified to claim the PSC allowance:
a. First, Second and Third placers of the Individual Events of the Regional Qualifying legs (Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao)
b. First,Second and Third placers in Doubles Event of the Regional Qualifying Legs (Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao)
c. First and Second placers in the Team events with 3 or more members of the team,
However, the Bronze medalists in the Team events with 3 or more members may also join the National Championships with NO monetary allowance from PSC, however, if they win any medal (Gold, Silver and Bronze during the National Championships, then they shall receive the similar allowance.)
◊ PSC shall provide the BP National Championships Qualified athletes (P 1,500.00) for meals and a (P1,500.00) travel fare allowance. Only the physically present qualified athletes can claim such allowances as he/she affix his/her signature in the payroll.
◊ PSC shall provide the same allowance to (1) Coach per sport per LGU of the Qualified Athlete/s. The name of the coach must be declared/indicated in the Athletes’ Entry Form during the Qualifying leg. In case of any substitution, the substitute coach must secure authorization from the original coach with the attachment of the Batang Pinoy 2014 Identification Card ( zerox copy ).
◊ The Host LGU shall provide billeting schools/centers for all the participants inclusive of athletes, coaches, trainers, delegation officials and affiliated/local technical officials
◊ National Championships Qualified athletes in Athletics and Swimming events may still compete in other events ( maximum additional events shall be decided by the NSA) in addition to the events they earned as medalists during the Qualifying leg.
◊ As HOST of the National Championships, the concerned LGU need not compete in the Elimination Leg BUT may endorse only One (1) team per sport. (Internal elimination per sport is recommended to come up with one delegation for all the sports in the National Championships).
In addition, the HOST LGU of the National Championships may opt to send their athletes to compete in the NATIONAL FINALS sports included during the Elimination Legs.
◊ Participation expenses by LGUs shall be on their own account
◊ Administrative and Technical management shall be handled by PSC, POC and NSAs
◊ Playing venues and billeting schools/facilities shall be the responsibility of the Host
◊ The DILG and DepEd shall assist the PSC and POC in running the Games. Hence, both agencies will be part of the working committee spearheaded by PSC.
◊ Medal count shall be credited to respective LGUs
MANDATORY DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED BY THE BATANG PINOY PARTICIPANTS
THE FOLLOWING ARE PROOF OF ELIGIBILITY OF ATHLETES
A. Birth Certificate (Certified True Copy) from NSO or the from the Office of the Local Civil Registrar
B. LGU Endorsement from any of the following officials (Governor, Mayor or their duly appointed Sports Coordinator or Barangay Chairman
C. LGU ENTRY FORM – It is a Delegation Master List indicating the names, sports and ages of the participating athletes to be certified by the above officials (see B).
D. Waiver of Medical Liability to be signed by the LGU representative or Coach
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE BATANG PINOY 2014?
Step 1. Visit our website (batangpinoy.psc.gov.ph)
Step 2. Download and fill-up the Batang Pinoy Individual Entry Form and Waiver
Step 3. Download Team Roster form for Team Event sports
Step 4. Download LGU representatives for Coaches, trainers and other Delegation official/s
Step 5. You may email the accomplished form together with your scanned birth certificates at firstname.lastname@example.org or send to National Events and Competition Office (NECO), Philippine Sports Commission, Rizal Memorial Sports Complex, Pablo Ocampo Sr., St. Malate, Manila
DEADLINE OF ON-LINE REGISTRATION :
Mindanao Qualifying Leg – September 3,2014
Visayas Qualifying Leg - October 14, 2014
Luzon Qualifying Leg - November 4, 2014
BATANG PINOY NATIONAL SECRETARIAT
ATTY. JAY S. ALANO - Project Director
ANNIE M. RUIZ - 09397627553
CHARLIE C. ESQUIVEL - 09089516632
MYLENE V.CONCEPCION - 09163770510
- 1.Distribution of PSC available sleeping mats is only for the Athletes on a First Come, First Serve Basis
- 2.Billeting schools are arranged near the respective playing venue, therefore athletes must be accompanied by the coach/trainer or delegation official in their respective billeting school (pls. refer to the list of playing venues and billeting schools)
- 3.The Host will provide transportation service from the Registration Area (Kalibo Pilot Elementary School) to the Billeting Schools
DOs and DONTs for Athletes, Coaches, Trainers and Delegation Officials